About Inventory Tracker
This is a simple MS Excel inventory tracker that allows you to see quantities in and out of the warehouse. There are no cost or pricing columns. However, there is an optional transaction amount column that leads to the automatic calculation of average cost of inventory.
The Excel inventory tracker has the following features:
- Automatic update of Category drop-down list column
- Automatic lookup of Item Name in Transactions worksheet
- Columns with formulas are coloured. Easy to tell them apart
- Comprehensive instructions on how to set it up
How To Use Excel Inventory Tracker
- Put the years with transactions you are about to record in column B of Meta sheet
- Put Category, Item ID, Item Name and Opening Inventory in columns A to D in Inventory sheet
- Record transactions in Transactions sheet. Record Transaction Date, Category, Item ID, Quantity (negative amount for sales, positive amount for reorders) and Transaction Amount (optional)
Meta worksheet controls the drop-downs in other worksheets. Just make sure that the 50 rows of formulas in Category column covers all available categories. If not, drag the formula down. Easy as.
Inventory worksheet is the overview sheet that shows you the total quantities bought and sold for various items. You can also use columns marked in blue to see INs and OUTs for that particular month.
See closing inventory to-date for each product in column G of Inventory sheet.
See the total INs and OUTs for each product in columns E and F of Inventory sheet.
There are three files: an Excel Inventory Tracker with sample data, a blank Excel Inventory Tracker and a PDF file with visual instructions. The files are bundled in a compressed ZIP file format. After download, simply right-click on it and choose “Extract” or “Decompress” from options.
This website can be found in Avira Safe Search, and is rated by Norton Safe Web as Safe.